About Código 1530
Tequila Código 1530 comes to the Sip Tequila portfolio from the town of Amatitán in the valley region of Jalisco. Amatitán in particular is known for its earthy, rich, and herbal leaning Tequila profiles and Código holds true to this tradition. The expressions in Código’s lineup are aged in carefully sourced French White Oak barrels previously used in the Napa Valley of California, namely the Rosa with its pink hues from 1 months time in barrel, are a fantastic balance of sweetness and vegetal notes of cooked agave, and the subtle notes of oak and red fruits of the wine barrels.
Código 1530 is a special project from former CEO of Crocs, Ron Snyder and Federico “Fede” Vaughan with financial backing from country superstar George Strait, retired NHL star Brett Hull, and former NFL coach Mike Shanahan.
Why we love Código 1530 George Straight Extra Añejo
- Rested 6 years in Napa Valley Cabernet French White Oak wine barrels
- Limited edition from Codigo 1530, a blend of only six unique barrels
- Bottled from six barrels, hand-selected by brand co-founder and “King of Country” George Strait while on location filming the music video for his hit song “Código” in Amatitán
- Silky finish, easily enjoyed neat or on the rocks
- NOM 1616 / Varo Destileria / Amatitan, Jalisco
Aroma: oak, vanilla, cooked agave, caramel, dried fruit
Palate: toasted oak, hints of coffee being led by vanilla, caramel, and cooked agave
Finish: dry and sweet, lasting finish
80 proof / 40% ABV