For a simple yet unique flavor experience, the Sazerac is a classic New Orleans cocktail. This well-balanced cocktail is smooth yet packs a punch. It's a close cousin to the Old Fashioned and was crowned the official cocktail of New Orleans in 2008.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2.5 oz. rye whiskey
- 2 dashes of Peychaud's bitters
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 tsp. absinthe
- Lemon peel
- In a glass, muddle the sugar cube with a couple of drops of water.
- Add several ice cubes, rye whiskey, both bitters, and stir well.
- Roll absinthe around a second chilled glass until thoroughly coated, and pour out excess absinthe.
- Strain content from the first glass into the second.
- Garnish with a twisted lemon peel.