April 13, 2021
As the legend goes, shortly after the Manhattan drink was invented in New York City's Manhattan Club around the 1880s, it became the world's most famous cocktail. Since then, it's dipped in and out of popularity until it found its footing as a cornerstone in the whiskey world.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2 oz. bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 oz. sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Brandied cherry
- Combine the bourbon or rye with sweet vermouth and bitters to a mixing glass with cracked ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with the brandied cherry